Sunday, September 21, 2008

Google chrome

I have been using google chrome right from day one. It is simple and brings the search like interface to browsing history / bookmarks / downloads.  The isolation provided with the multiple processes for the tabs is nice. You can kill a tab and still keep the browser running. It is cool. 
It has not crashed any time but has got hung multiple times when i have opened multiple flash videos. Sometimes the pages do freeze. 

I have not verified if it uses more memory than firefox with no extensions for the same number of tabs. I have stopped using firefox with extensions for my day-to-day browsing. I do have a different profile which has extensions which i use occasionally. 

It will be interesting to see how the chrome evolves as it is just a new entrant in the browser market and has made it's presence felt. 


1 comment:

pradeep said...

opera seems to be a faster browser on windows than any other. I have started trying it out.